Public Art Proposals with Perspective
- Critical public response for high schoolers.
- Two-stage mixed media and collage lesson for 3rd grade.
Artists Create New Categories
- Conceptual art (and painting) for 4th graders.
- Remixing and recontex-tualizing Greek art. 3rd grade.
Brightness Out of Darkness
- Palekh paintings, contrast, pattern, and line. 1st grade.
Patterns & Portraits
- Mixed media printmaking and portraiture with 6th graders.
Complex Colors, Complex Feelings
- Intermediate and analogous colors. 3rd grade.
Small Things are Powerful in Large Numbers
- Stampmaking for 4th graders.
Symmetry in Nature
- Pastel transfer and resist for 3rd graders.
Pixels and Pebbles
- Mosaic and abstraction for 4th graders.
- Two-stage speculative architecture lesson for 4th graders.
A series of modules co-authored for VCU's CurrentLab for teaching video game design in an arts context.
AGENT - A series of on-line art lessons (secondary or post-secondary) centered around agency in the new-media landscape.
A one-year secondary art curriculum oriented around the idea of artmaking as dialogue.
A K-5 curriculum proceeding through a series of metaphoric and conceptual spaces.